Perfect Life Partner Tips
Here is your Find Your Perfect Life Partner tip number thirty six.
You want your relationship to be perfect but... you keep on thinking "Do I...
Life Partner Tip 36. Fight to Win or do we both "Win" During Conflicts?
When the going gets tough and your relationship is in conflict you have to:
- Take the proverbial breath(s) before saying anything to your life partner when you are angry.
- Watch your anger for a while I bet you it will change to something else if you let it!
- Avoid insults and harsh words. They are the tiny cuts that lead to the “death of a thousand cuts”.You may “get away with it” for many years and then wonder why your life partner suddenly leaves one day with “no reason”.
- Look for areas where you have done a similar thing in the past and use them as ways to change your view or attitude about what is conflicting you.
- Watch out for absolute terms like always, never, forever, etc. using these words paints you into
an emotional corner and leaves you with your back against the wall.
- Don't make ultimatums.
- NEVER, never, never, never... ever threaten the relationship. You are a team remember?
Work together to beat the problem that is effecting you both.
- Give the benefit
of the doubt. You would want the same wouldn't you?
- Remember why you got together with
this life partner person in the first place!
- COMMUNICATE! (Listen really listen too.)
- Don't give up!
The process of learning creative combat is a lifelong one and I can tell you from personal experience that it does get better with practice!
As for avoiding conflict. Don't. It will always find you no matter where you find it so its better to be ready with some creative strategies when it comes up.
To your life partner success!
By: Sasha F.P. LeBaron
Sasha is the founder of www.FindYourPerfectLifePartner.com
an author and life coach. He lives on the west coast of British
Columbia Canada with his life partner Amy. When not helping people
find their perfect life partner he enjoys mountain biking and photography.
P.S. You can grab your very own copy of the Find Your Perfect Life Partner
System today right here at www.findyourperfectlifepartner.com