Here is your Find Your Perfect Life Partner tip number twenty eight.
You want that long term relationship but you keep on "speed dating" when all you really want is...
Life Partner Tip 28. Serious Dating Tips for Long Term Relationships
So... you are interested in creating a relationship that will lead to a long-term commitment right? In order to do that you must treat each date as an investment. While one “bad” date may not mess up a dedicated couple, more than one or two in a row can lead to all sorts of negative vibes – feelings that will not build anything in a relationship except a case for ending it. The following tips are designed to create a stable, comfortable, and strong relationship from the very first date.
1. Be proactive! Always confront “problems” rather than avoiding them. Many people feel that problems may go away if they are ignored and while you can get away with this in a casual relationships, a serious couple needs to resolve issues before their relationship can advance. Be clear and proactive about financial planning, family expectations, and career paths so you and your prospective life partner are on the same page.
2. Be honest about what you like! If you do not enjoy a particular activity, make sure your partner understands why. If it is one of their favorites, you will need to look for other activities to enjoy together while still enjoying the differences between you.
3. Be true to yourself. Always dress, speak, and behave like yourself. As you are interested in being more than just friends, it is best that your partner understand who you are from the beginning. There is nothing like “letting your hair down” later and having your lover freak out and dump you to bruise the ego!
4. Be clear! You are looking for a long-term relationship, but it is possible your date wants to keep it “light”. If you are clear about what you hope the relationship will become, both parties can adjust to the idea or seek company elsewhere.
5. Be private. For any long term relationship to work, private dates away from public view are necessary to get a feel for one another’s true nature. A long walk in a local park, a short road trip or a weekend camping can really show how you feel and how your private life might be together.
6. Be patient! While your ultimate goal may be marriage, enjoy your and your partner without feeling like you must rush to the altar. If the relationship is truly meant to be, the extra time spent getting to know one another will be well worth it.
It was for Amy and I!
There you have it. Some you may know. Some you may need to work on but when you use the above tips when dating you will be amazed at how smoothly it can move from casual to committed!
To your success!
P.S. You can grab your very own copy of the Find Your Perfect Life Partner System today right here at www.findyourperfectlifepartner.com